Friday, October 05, 2007

Next Generation of Blogging

I’ve been invited to serve on a small (3) panel of presenters/discussion leaders at a conference put on by the Metropolitan Chicago Healthcare Council. The panel discussion is entitled “News Media: The Next Generation of Blogging” (got the flyer today). I am honored and look forward to participating.

Apparently they see my blog as “next generation” in that its primary purpose is informational and authoritative (i.e. factual). I do think there are several things that blogs can be used for that may be “next generation”. I do support the expanded use of blogs to give out information and allow feedback (filtered to weed out the spam that comes in and the “naughty” words), opening discussion, expanding knowledge, relationally.

The conference is in a few weeks, I’ll let you know how it goes.

Sorry this is a bit short and only a few posts this week. It has been a busy week for a number of reasons and I am off soon to do the Nancy Grace Show.

No comments: