Sunday, May 16, 2010

Grad School

I haven't posted in quite a while and I am not sure if anyone even bothers to look here any more.I thought I did owe folks an explanation, in case they drop by again.

The primary reason I am not posting is that I am in online Grad School working on a Masters in Secondary Education. That is consuming all my free time. Two papers a week and participation in online discussions takes time and my creative juices. I am preparing for life after the Coroner's Office (December 2012). I have decided on a career change to what has always been my second choice for a career. I am going to teach high school or middle school, and I am looking forward to the future.

As I told a group of students recently at a career day event I participated in. Never be locked into what you think you are going to do for the rest of life. We really can never be sure what we will "do" "when we grow up".

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh, there's at least one person checking in to see if you are updating.

My father taught high school. Good for you. Teaching can be a rewarding profession. Will you even be updating the blog sporadically?

Dr. Richard Keller said...

Let's see how the demands of school go.

Anonymous said...

congrats and good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

I have really missed your blog--good to have you back...but I'm just wondering, have you ever thought of writing a book about your experiences? I have a feeling you could tell us a lot!!

Nicki said...

I do read, and enjoy, your blog. I hope you'll continue posting about your "day job" when you can. Best of luck.

Anonymous said...

I have throughly enjoyed reading your updates. I work for the Community Outreach Department at the Cuyahoga County Cororner's Office in Cleveland Ohio. Your insight is truly inspiring and helpful as we seek out the mission you are striving to achieve. Thank you for your service. I hope you will continue to post as you feel inspired to do so.

Dymphna said...

You would be the coolest. science teacher. ever.

Best of luck to you.

Unknown said...

I've enjoyed your blog and the insight you have provided on so many topics. I hope you continue to post. Good luck on your new endeavor.

Anonymous said...

hey you visited my school yesterday and i just wanted to say that your presentation was amazing and if you should write a book, i'd be more than happy to read it.

Anonymous said...

hey im a highschool student and in one of my classes we need to look up steps of how to become a coroner, i found something on google referring to this website so keep up the good stuff