Friday, June 23, 2006

Have a Happy

I heard on the radio this morning that this is the happiest day of the year according to some British researcher (I do not have a link or reference. This is likely true for my 16 year old daughter. The researcher reportedly relied heavily on information seeming to pertain to Seasonal Affective Disorder.

At lunch I attended a fundraiser for Lake County Council Against Sexual Assault and the Executive Director referred back to last year’s luncheon and speaker who said that getting involved can help you be happier, live longer and be healthier. That would be consistent with the Positive Psychology research areas of “life of engagement” and “life of affiliation”, both beneficially affecting your well-being.

So, to enjoy a long, more enjoyable and healthier life get outside and enjoy the sun and fresh air and get involved and help others. Sounds like a pretty cool way to avoid the Coroner’s Office for as long as possible to me.

No comments: