Friday, November 16, 2007

Make good choices

This will be a bit different.

I ran across story a couple of days ago that I had saved after running across it a few years ago (although I do not have a citation of its origin) I thought I’d share it, not because it has much to do with the coroner biz, but because it “speaks to me” and I felt compelled to share it.

There is a story about a kind, quiet man who went each morning to the river to refresh his spirit. One day while there, he saw a poisonous spider struggling in the water and he picked it up in his cupped hands a moved it to shore. As he placed it on the ground it stung him. Thankfully, the poison did not affect him lethally as it might have.

The next day the same thing happened. On the third day, the kind man was knee deep in the river and, sure enough, there was the spider, legs frantic in the water. As the man went to lift the spider yet again, the spider said, “Why do you keep lifting me? Can’t you see that I will sting you every time, because that is what I do?” And the kind man cupped his hands around the spider lifting it back to safety, replying, “Because that is what I do.”


Let it be said that what we do is to be kind and what is “right”. Make good choices.

No comments: