Thursday, February 23, 2006

Forestall Death Tip

In one of the books M. Scott Peck, MD wrote, he said something to the effect that he would know he was in heaven when he no longer had to do stretches every morning to get going. I agree and I think of that most mornings as I do my daily stretch and exercise routine. While at times it does seem like drudgery and some days it is tough to get motivated to do it, I do recommend it and it will warm you up on a cold winter day.

Yes, both as a doctor and a coroner I recommend it. Daily stretching and exercise is good for the psyche, good for the body, and may postpone your use of my office for a bit. Throw in some daily meditation and you have a great way to start the day. It may not fill your stomach, but I think those activities are the real breakfast of champions, Dr. Peck’s and my complaining aside.

No comments: